Internet Security - The Best Malware Protection
Viruses are no longer the only threat on the Internet these days. Spyware (a.k.a Adware), Trojan Horses, Key-loggers, Rootkits and many other malicious programs have joined the ranks of online threats. Single purpose security software is no longer enough to provide adequate protection against these malicious threats. A combination of anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-hacker and anti-spam protection is necessary for all-round protection against malware.
What is malware?
Malware is a collective noun for viruses, spyware, trojans and all other malicious software applications and can be viewed as digital terrorism. Malware is not a specific threat but more like a combination of several threats, making it hard to combat it with an anti-virus or anti-spyware application alone. Several types of security programs have to be combined into one integrated package to combat malware effectively.
What kind of software is available to combat malware effectively?
An Internet Security suite is the best weapon against malware. Malware do not only spread through web sites, but also through free programs, local area networks and e-mail. That is why it is necessary to have a firewall and an e-mail scanner to support the protection given by the anti-virus and anti-spyware components of the security suite.
What are the benefits of an integrated Internet Security Suite?
- All security components are compatible with each other, so no incompatibility issues.
- All components can be monitored, updated, configured and managed from one central location.
- Integration means trust among integrated components. The firewall automatically allows the other integrated components of the security suite unrestricted access to the system. Fewer configurations are therefore required and it results in a more user friendly and less nagging firewall.
- The security suite simultaneously scans for all types of malware using one single scanner. No need to use multiple scanners for different threats.
- The anti-virus and anti-spyware components provide offensive and defensive protection at the same time, while the firewall and spam filter provide defensive protection in other areas of your system not covered by the malware scanner. You enjoy system wide protection from several angles, making it harder for malware to infiltrate or hide inside your system.
Where can I find an effective and affordable Internet Security Suite?
Refer to the Internet Security Software section of our Cyber Security Software page for some of the best Internet Security Suites available today.
For those who cannot afford an Internet Security Package, follow our Free Internet Security Tips.