Firefox - Safe Browsing With Or Without Google Toolbar
Take Back The Web!
Have you ever thought of switching to another browser? Are you aware that there is an alternative to the browser you are currently using? If you answered no to any of these questions you are probably using an unsafe browser. Let's introduce you to a safer and more secure alternative, namely Firefox. Click here for Firefox downloading options.
What makes Firefox such a great browser?
- It is very easy to use because of its streamlined interface without altering the familiarity of the browsing experience. In other words you will find that Firefox is very similar to browsers like Internet Explorer versions 5 and 6. This makes it easy to switch to Firefox without having to learn how to use it.
- Tabbed browsing. You can open and manage multiple web sites in a single window. No need to switch from one window to another using your taskbar.
- Built-in spell checker, helping you to prevent spelling errors when filling out forms or when you participate in online discussions.
- Session Restore helps you to pick up where you left off in the case of events like power failures, system crashes or when Firefox has to restart (normally after an update).
- Integrated web feed (RSS) reader through Live Bookmarks. Firefox automatically detects web feeds, making it easy and effortless to subscribe to them.
- The integrated search function allows you to search from the Search bar using your favourite search engine. The Search bar is pre-loaded with Google, Yahoo!, Amazon, eBay, Answers.com and Creative Commons and can be expanded with hundreds of other well-known search engines.
- A built-in pop-up blocker prevents your display from being cluttered with annoying pop-up windows. The pop-up blocker is at the same time a preventative security layer because many pop-up windows are the cause of spyware infections.
- Improved accessibility features for the visually impaired and users with physical impairments.
- Open source architecture. Thousands of passionate, experienced developers and security experts ensure that Firefox protects you against spyware, hackers, scammers and spammers 24/7. Firefox's built-in Phishing Protection, safeguards you from web forgery, financial information loss and identity theft. Firefox will never allow a web site to download, install or run any programs without explicit confirmation from you as the user. This means you are totally in control while browsing the web and reduces the chances of getting infected with spyware.
- Small, quick, smart and effective automatic updates. No need to worry about running the latest version of Firefox, it updates itself automatically.
- Increased confidentiality. The "Clear Private Data" tool makes Firefox a must for personal (home computer) and public (Internet Cafés) use.
- Add-ons make Firefox very expandable and flexible, allowing you to personalise and customise the browser to your own needs.
Did you know that you make an important contribution to the online community, just by using Firefox?
- You make the life of web designers much easier, because Firefox is much more compliant with W3C web standards than most other browsers. This means web developers only need to comply with web standards to have their web sites displayed correctly in Firefox. No need for web designers to waste valuable time on special tweaks and hacks to make their web sites work in web standard compliant browsers, like Firefox.
- Less time spent on the development of fully functional web sites means more time available for making web sites more secure, safer and enjoyable for you as the user. You invest in a better Internet by using a browser like Firefox.
- You prevent the spread of spyware by using a more secure browser.
- Frustrate phishing scammers and topple their plans with Firefox's resistance against web forgery.
- By using Firefox you show other people that Open Source software is cool and is not only intended for technical gurus, but for everyone.
- Make your own custom buttons to bookmark and search your favourite websites.
- Share complete web pages or excerpts from web pages with your friends via e-mail, free text messages (SMS), or blog. (Text messages are only available from within the United States).
- Open most popular file types right in your browser with Google Docs & Spreadsheets.
- Sign in and out of your Google Account directly from your Toolbar.
- An enhanced Search Box with useful suggestions based on popular Google searches, spelling corrections and your own search history. With the enhanced Search Box you can search different Google sites, the current site, or sites for which you've installed custom search buttons.
- Use the AutoFill feature to simplify the filling out of web forms.
- Translate words on English web sites to other languages simply by hovering your mouse pointer over an English word to see its meaning.
- Set Gmail as your default mail client. Gmail will automatically open when you click on an e-mail link.
- AutoLink helps you to link street addresses to online maps, package tracking numbers to delivery status, VIN numbers to vehicle history and publication ISBN numbers to Amazon.com listings.
- The Google Toolbar can automatically highlight search terms on a web site found through Google Search, making it easier to find relevant information without the need of scrolling around to find your specific search terms.
- Easily uninstall Google Toolbar if you don't like it. Simply click the Google logo on the Toolbar, then go to "Help", select "Uninstall..." from the Help menu, type a reason for uninstalling (if you want to) and click on the "Uninstall the Google Toolbar" button.