The Millionaires List Money Making Spam
A money making spam/chain e-mail has been circulating e-mail servers (mainly in South Africa) for quite some time now. The e-mail normally contains a Microsoft Word document and is sent to randomly picked e-mail addresses. This spam is not only limited to e-mail, but has also polluted, online forums, guest books, post boxes and fax machines.
Below is a copy of the attachment, which is the core part of the e-mail. Note that the original formatting of the document was preserved and this is more or less how it looks when you open it. We [DELETED] the personal data of the people who appeared in the list of this e-mail to protect their identity and privacy.
This e-mail poses several different dangers:
- It creates an endless source of spam. People are greedy beings so most recipients will simply copy the file, place their name in position one and forward it to as most people as possible without paying a cent. So the e-mail only serves as a source of spam and not a source of income for the participants. The statistics given in the e-mail are not that far off, the only difference is that the numbers will only be spam, not money.
- The poor people who pay the money, will only loose it. This is a classical pyramid scheme, which only works on the first few levels and once it reaches the lower levels, it looses its effectiveness almost completely. This e-mail has been in circulation for quite some time now, so more people are familiar with it and you will get less response because of that.
- If you participate in the chain, you expose yourself to the possibility of identity theft (people using your identity to send spam, or to commit cyber crimes) and you walk the danger of getting your bank account hacked. The bank account number is used as the login code by most banks. By supplying this to a hacker, he has one less thing to figure out. The hacker simply needs to bypass the security measures of the bank (which is luckily not that easy) using your account number and effectively break into your bank account.
- These e-mails, with your e-mail address attached to them (as well as other innocent victims of this spam), are sent all over the world, which means that the chances are good that it will land in the inbox of a spammer. By participating in chain letters like these, you increase your chances of getting more and more spam.
- Phishing scams are on the rise. By supplying your name, bank account number and e-mail address you enable the creators of phishing scams to create more sophisticated phishing attacks. They can construct a phishing e-mail, looking like an e-mail from your bank, containing your name and bank account details. By supplying more personal information to the targeted recipient, makes the e-mail appear more legitimate and you may easily walk into a phishing e-mail trap.
- The document is very badly formatted with spelling errors and strange usage of font sizes, font types and bold text. How can you trust the advice of someone who can't even spell or format a Word document right?
For more information about the implications of spam visit the following page:
Internet Safety: E-mail safety - Chain e-mail
Attachment: IF YOU ARE HONEST.doc
IT'S A TIME TO GIVE AND A TIMETO REALLY RECEIVE!
Let's Help One Another!
Here is a genuine opportunity for YOU from TM System. This is tried, tested and guaranteed. Please read the rest of this mail message and get ready to give very little in order to receive big time! Improve YOUR life.
Remember, the real secret to success is enthusiasm, ACTION, commitment and dedication!
IT'S NOW UP TO YOU TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE - "WHAT IS THERE TO LOSE?"
Best wishes and rewards to you!
COPY THIS LETTER AND FORWARD IT TO AS MANY OF YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CO-WORKERS AS POSSIBLE. THE MORE YOU SEND, THE MORE YOU GET!
Read this letter carefully and you will be glad you received it.
My name is Lenin Nathan. In December 1994 my printing business went bankrupt because of the poor state of the economy. My two cars were repossessed and debt collectors were hounding me like you won't believe. I owed R885, 600-00 and insolvency or prison was my only future. My family, my reputation, sanity and my life were at stake. I became very ill.
In January 1995 I received a letter advertising "How to make R3.2 million within 3 months" for an investment of only R150-00. I thought it was a joke! R3.2 million?! Impossible, absolutely impossible, never in a million years!
I spoke to my advocate and friends about it and they said I would be stupid to try it and would waste my time. But, after 3 days of desperate struggle in court to stay out of jail, I decided I had nothing to lose.
My family and I enthusiastically (out of desperation) grabbed the slim opportunity available to us and sent R50 to each of the 3 names on "The Millionaires List" and distributed 3,600 photocopies of the letter in the Newlands area, by hand!! (THIS METHOD BY DISTRIBUTING COPIES IN A SPECIFIC AREA BY HAND, IS THE BEST METHOD AND IT REALLY WORKS - MH VAN ZYL)
Within 8 days the money started rolling in, thousands and thousands. I could not believe It. R50, 250 within 12 days, R130, 000 within 62 days and R5, 800,350 within 90 days. I became a millionaire within 3 months and 3 days exactly!! I have a new house in Clifton, 2 new BMW's, a happy family, no debt, excellent health and thousands a month to spend on investments, luxuries and holidays all over the world. I now also have my own printing and clothing business.
If you follow the 3-step instructions in this letter you can become a millionaire within 3 months. The "MAKE A MILLION" system is a legitimate opportunity that cannot fail to earn you a lot of money. For this unique opportunity you are required to make an investment of only R150-00.
REMEMBER: AN INVESTMENT OF R150-00 (ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY RAND) ONLY"
If you really do not want to make money & become financially independent, then please pass this on to someone close to you who might benefit from making millions in cash!
If you follow the instructions and if you are HONEST by NOT changing the order of the name list and you honestly MAKE the deposits to all 3 the names on your list and you e-mail or mail this letter to at least 200 people, then you will see a huge difference in your bank account within 90 days!! You WILL be successful by being HONEST. Do not expect results if you cheat and remember the saying.."What goes around comes around" - It means you could also be cheated!
Step 1 - The Millionaires List:
If you have Internet or phone banking then this will be easy. Alternatively call on the different banks and deposit R50-00 into each of the following accounts below. Ensure you use the CORRECT account numbers please!
1)[DELETED] - [DELETED] Bank, [DELETED], Account No. [DELETED], Cheque
Branch code - [DELETED]
2)[DELETED] - [DELETED] Bank, [DELETED], Account No. [DELETED], Cheque
Branch code - [DELETED]
3)[DELETED] - [DELETED] Bank, [DELETED], Account No. [DELETED], Cheque
Branch code - [DELETED]
REMEMBER: This is a legitimate service for which you are paying. The listed people have bought this opportunity, as you will -
And you will pass it on to others. There's a saying "always spend a small amount before you expect to receive lots of it".
Enter the Millionaires List by putting your name with your banking details in POSITION NO. 1, move the two other names on the
List down by one position. The current No. 1 goes to No. 2 and No. 2 goes to No. 3. The current No. 3 will fall away. Your name will be at No. 1.
Get at least 200 names and addresses at random from a telephone directory or make use of collected business cards. Now E-Mail/Mail or Fax these pages A.S.A.P! Do not forget to send to friends, family and people at work. You can make copies and deliver by hand in the area where you work or live. (Just Tippex the names and bank details and re-write in the correct order) Keep in mind, the more copies that go out, the more money rolls in!
If you are HONEST and paid R50-00 to the 3 names, then sit back and relax and watch those R50-00 notes flow in! It is that easy!! Remember that by the time your name is at Number 3 you will be richer than rich. As soon as you send your 200 copies (the minimum) then you are automatically in business and people are sending you R50's from all over. This is perfectly legal.
Here are two letters from participants that took part in previous mailings:
About seven months ago I received your letter. I was very tempted to take part, but my family and a work crisis prevented it and I placed your letter to one side. I was soon made redundant at work and couldn't think of a worse position to be in. I then remembered your letter and not expecting much, thought I would give it a try. One week went by after I deposited R50-00 to
Each of the names on my list. In the second week I started to receive a small amount of replies, and by the third week it was unbelievable! I made R100, 700-00 in two months. In such a short period of time it is the most money I have seen, never mind earned. It was like winning a lottery or something. I am grateful for receiving your letter and to have the opportunity to make a lot of money. I am already sending out more letters and want to be a millionaire before the end of the year. Thank you very much and may God bless you."
I am skeptical by nature and did not believe that you "Make a Million" business would work. Anyway, I am a 70-year old pensioner and had plenty of time to send out letters, I deposited the R50-00 to each of the 3 persons on my list and sent 600 copies of this letter and hoped for the best. For six days nothing happened but within the next week I received R4.750-00, I
Could not wait for each new day, over the next four months I received a total of R3, 800,000-00!!! I was amazed! I have been able to move from my small flat and now permanently live in a 5-star hotel in Strand. I have traveled to Israel, Canada and Australia to visit my children and grandchildren. All my dreams have come true in a matter of months. Many thanks for your
Letter and May others also benefit from it."
I FEEL IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO SHARE THIS SECRET WITH YOU AND ALLOW YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT. BUT, IT IS ALL UP TO YOU TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. I WANT TO UNDERLINE AND STRESS THAT EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW THE RULES AND BE HONEST AND PAY YOUR R50-00 TO EACH PERSON ON YOUR LIST! ONLY CHANGE NAMES AS PER STEP 2! PEOPLE WILL RELY ON YOU AS YOU WILL ON THEM. IT WORKED FOR ME AND OTHERS; THEREFORE IT WILL ALSO WORK FOR YOU! TAKE THIS SECRET AND USE IT, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?
HOW IT WORKS:
Q: What are the risks and is it legal?
A: There is no risk, no catch! No one is forced to join. There is no law against receiving money, just declare it on your tax return.